Compassion, Strength, and Planning in Times of Personal Crisis.

Jurisdiction Over Out-Of-State Parents or Parties in Minnesota

Once a Minnesota family court grants an order, that court usually has continuing jurisdiction over changes to that order, but not always. If an order no longer works for you or your spouse, it is best to talk with a lawyer about the legal implications if the child or a party resides outside Minnesota at the time you are seeking change. Conversely, if an order was entered in another state, and a party or the child now lives in Minnesota, it is important to know the specific legal requirements for Minnesota to enforce or modify a custody or support order from another state.

The attorneys at Mack & Santana Law Offices, P.C., can help answer your specific questions on such interstate issues. We represent clients seeking modification of child custody and parenting time (visitation), modification of child support orders, and those seeking to move into or out of the state of Minnesota. Many of the cases we handle involve jurisdiction over out-of-state parents or parties in Minnesota. We have the in-depth knowledge and experience necessary to effectively handle these cases.

Contact a Minneapolis Attorneys Handling Child Custody Jurisdiction

Contact Mack & Santana Law Offices, P.C., by calling our Minneapolis law office at 612-426-7141 or our Prior Lake law office at 952-314-2617 to speak with our Minneapolis attorneys.