Elizabeth (“Libby”) Due is an associate attorney practicing exclusively in family law, representing clients in divorce, custody, parentage, and post-decree matters.
Libby was selected as a Rising Star by Super Lawyers in 2021 and 2022. While up to five percent of the lawyers in the state are named to Super Lawyers, no more than 2.5 percent are named to the Rising Stars list.
Libby co-authored the Legal Recognition of Queer Families chapter of the Minnesota Child Custody Deskbook and the Same-Sex Couples chapter of The Complete Family Lawyer's Quick Answer Book. She has co-taught seminars through Minnesota Continuing Legal Education and the Minnesota Family Law Institute. Libby is a member of the Minnesota State Bar Association, Hennepin County Bar Association, and the Minnesota Lavender Bar Association, where she served on the amicus committee.
Libby first joined Mack & Santana Law Offices, P.C. as an intern in 2013 when she was an undergraduate at Carleton College. After graduating with honors from Carleton, Libby attended Mitchell Hamline School of Law and continued working with the firm as a law clerk. Libby graduated with honors from Mitchell Hamline in May 2018 and was admitted to the Bar in October 2018. While in law school, Libby served as a Managing Editor of the Mitchell Hamline Law Review, volunteered in the Family Law division of the Mitchell Hamline Self-Help Clinic, and participated in the Health Law Clinic representing low-income clients through a Medical-Legal Partnership. Through her work with the Self-Help Clinic and the Health Law Clinic, Libby earned Mitchell Hamline’s Law student service award. She also received a CALI Award for her work with the Health Law Clinic.
Areas of Practice
- Co-Author, Legal Recognition of Queer Families (Chapter 20), Child Custody Deskbook (Gary Debele ed., 3rd ed. 2016, 2021 Updated), Minnesota State Bar Association
- Co-Author, Same-Sex Couples (Chapter 14), The Complete Family Lawyer’s Quick Answer Book, Minnesota Continuing Legal Education, January 2020
- Co-Presenter, Divorce A to Z: How to Prepare and Present Your Case for Trial in Family Court, Minnesota Continuing Legal Education, June 3, 2022
- Co-Presenter, Legal Recognition of Queer Families, Minnesota Continuing Legal Education, February 17, 2022
- Co-Presenter, The Complete Family Lawyer, Minnesota Continuing Legal Education, January 27, 2020
- Co-Presenter, Your First Divorce, Spousal Maintenance, The 42nd Annual Family Law Institute, March 16, 2021
- Co-Presenter, Your First Divorce: Spousal Maintenance, The 40th Annual Family Law Institute, March 19, 2019
Honors and Awards
- Named to the Minnesota Super Lawyers list of Rising Star Attorneys 2021 and 2022
- CALI Award, Health Law Clinic, 2017
- Law Student Service Award, 2018