Elizabeth (“Libby”) Due is an associate attorney practicing in family law. Libby graduated with honors from Mitchell Hamline in May 2018 and was admitted to the Bar in October 2018. Libby is a member of the Lavender Bar Association, where she serves on the Amicus committee. She is also a member of the Hennepin County Bar Association and the Minnesota State Bar Association.
Libby first joined Mack & Santana Law Offices, P.C. as an intern in 2013 when she was an undergraduate at Carleton College. After graduating with honors from Carleton, Libby attended Mitchell Hamline School of Law and continued working with the firm as a law clerk.
While in law school, Libby worked as a Managing Editor on the Mitchell Hamline Law Review, volunteered in the Family Law division at the Mitchell Hamline Self-Help Clinic, and participated in the Health Law Clinic representing low-income clients through a Medical-Legal Partnership. Through her work with the Self-Help Clinic and the Health Law Clinic, Libby earned Mitchell Hamline’s law student service award. She also received a CALI Award for her work with the Health Law Clinic.
Areas of Practice
- Co-Author, Legal Recognition of Queer Families (Chapter 20), Child Custody Deskbook (Gary Debele ed., 3rd ed. 2016, 2019 Updated), Minnesota State Bar Association
- Co-Author, Same-Sex Couples (Chapter 14), The Complete Family Lawyer’s Quick Answer Book, Minnesota Continuing Legal Education, January 2020
- Co-Presenter, Your First Divorce: Spousal Maintenance, The 40th Annual Family Law Institute, March 19, 2019
- Co-Presenter, The Complete Family Lawyer, Minnesota Continuing Legal Education, January 27, 2020
- CALI Award, Health Law Clinic, 2017
- Law Student Service Award, 2018